School Aims and Ethos
“Do something, get moving. Be confident, risk new things, stick with it and then be ready for big surprises!” St Angela
Inspired by the life and work of Saint Angela Merici, our Ursuline school commits itself to education for tomorrow’s world within the dynamic tradition of Catholic belief and practice.
As a Christian community, characterised by a spirit of respect, trust and joy, we promote excellence in every aspect of life, thereby fully developing each individual.
- Set standards of excellence in teaching and learning and to provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- Develop personal qualities of understanding of self and others, self-discipline and motivation, responsibility, maturity, creative freedom and integrity
- Foster an attitude of respect for all regardless of age, race, colour, creed or gender
- Build peace, promote justice, social concern and, through the celebration of difference, the equality of all people
- Widen horizons, encourage a sense of commitment and service to the wider world, and to enable each one to go on learning and changing all through life
Our School Leaver Profile
- Having Christ as the centre of their lives
- Being able to recognise the uniqueness of each individual by showing respect and love for all
- Being self-aware and better able to direct her life and fulfil her calling
- Having a generosity of spirit and persevering in all things
- Being willing in the spirit of Serviam to develop her talents and use them for the good of others and especially the neediest
- Being able to use her leadership skills for the benefit of the community.
- Being focused on justice and peace as she keep alive the gospel values in our world
- Having achieved academic excellence through perseverance
- Having an understanding of what really matters in life
- Students who adapt to the sign of the times
URSULINE ETHOS BOOKLET