You are here: Admissions » Year 7 Admissions 2024 Entry
There will unfortunately be no further open events planned for this academic year.
Please follow the steps below to apply for a place at Ursuline High School Starting Year 7 September 2023 by 31st October 2023. Please note that in addition to applying on eAdmissions (www.admissions.org.uk) by 31st October 2022 you will need to complete an application for Ursuline High School via Appliccaa, as detailed in the steps below.
1. Read the determined Admissions Policy 2024 in accordance with the School Admissions Code (also found at the bottom of the page).
2. Register on Applicaa: https://ursulinehigh.applicaa.com/application_forms/19. After registering, you will receive a Welcome email from Applicaa. Click on the validation link in the Welcome email. Once you click on the link, you can start the application. (Contact our Admissions Officer if you have not received your welcome email within 24 hours or have any questions – see below for contact details). *Applicaa is our online ‘supplementary form’.
3. Complete your application on Applicaa. Gather and complete any documents required and submit by 31st October 2023. Please note that you will not be able to submit your application until you have completed all sections of the form and uploaded your supporting documents.
Please note that Admissions Criteria 1-6 will require documents to be uploaded to support the application. Please ensure these are uploaded when prompted, preferable as pdf files.
i. The Religious Practice Form for Criteria 2 applicants can be downloaded in step 2 of the Applicaa application form. Please give to your Priest and collect it from him once completed and stamped.
ii. For practicing Catholics, the Baptism Certificate and completed and stamped Religious Practice Form should then be uploaded in Applicaa. We also require a physical original copy of the Religious Practice Form in addition to the uploaded Applicaa copy. This can either be;
iii. Criteria 4 applicants must submit a reference letter on headed paper from the parish priest, to confirm acceptance into the catechumenate. Reference letters for Category 4 applicants can be uploaded on Applicaa.
iv. For Criteria 5, applicants must submit a Certificate or Dedication and a letter from the religious leader on headed paper, confirming the child is a practicing member of the applicable church.
v. For Criteria 6 applicants, a letter on headed paper from religious leader is required, confirming the child is a member of the relevant faith.
All documents to be submitted via the instructions above by 31st October 2023.
Please refer to the Admissions Policy 2024 for detailed information.
All relevant information pertaining to Admissions can be found on the Admissions section of our website. You can also contact our Admissions Officer Salvina Barcellona at email@example.com or on 020 3908 3167.
|31st October 2023
|Closing date for submitting the Common Application form to your local authority and Supplementary Information Form to Ursuline High School.
|12nd December 2023
|Deadline for submitting ‘late for good reason’ applications. e.g due to change of address.
|1st March 2024
|National Offer Day. All online applications will be notified by their local authority in the evening. Ursuline High school will notify applicants the following day.
|15th March 2024
|Deadline for the return of acceptances. You must let Ursuline High School know whether you accept or decline the place offered.
|End of March 2024
2nd Round offers. Any vacancies will be offered to girls on the waiting list according to the admissions policy.
If a place cannot be offered because the school’s accommodation and resources are fully committed, parents will be offered the opportunity of placing their child’s name on the waiting list. Placing a child's name on the waiting list does not guarantee that a place will become available.
Parents / carers whose applications for places are unsuccessful may appeal to an Independent Appeal panel set up in accordance with the School Standards and Framework Act 1998. You should carefully consider the reasons given for not offering a place and look at our Admissions Policy. Appeals must be made in writing and must set out the reasons on which an appeal is made. If an applicant decides to appeal, they will be contacted by the Clerk to the Admissions Panel with the confirmation of exact date and time of their appeal hearing.
You should note an appeal can only be upheld in the following limited circumstances:
· The appeals panel finds that the admission arrangements did not comply with admissions law or had not been correctly and impartially applied, and the child would have been offered a place if the arrangements had complied or had been correctly and impartially applied; or
· It finds that the admission of additional children would not prejudice the provision of efficient education or efficient use of resources.
· It considers that the appellant’s case outweighs the prejudice to the school.
|25th March 2024
|Deadline for Parents/Carers to inform the school of their intention to appeal by requesting an appeal form.
|19th April 2024
|Deadline for parents to submit their appeal form
|29th April 2024
|Deadline for any other additional paperwork to support appeal
|Appeals scheduled to be heard
If an applicant lodges an appeal, they will be contacted by the Clerk to the Admissions Panel with confirmation of the exact date and time of their appeal hearing.
Headteacher: Mr Eoin Kelly
Address: Crescent Road, Wimbledon, London SW20 8HA
Telephone: 020 8255 2688
Ursuline High School Department for Education (DfE) number: 315 5400
Admissions Officer: Mrs Barcellona
020 3908 3167
As a Voluntary Aided School, the Governing Body is responsible for Admissions. In accordance with the School Admissions Code, the Admissions Arrangements for September 2024 entry to Ursuline High School Wimbledon have been determined.
The Admissions Policy sets out the 2024 Admissions Arrangements for Ursuline High School Wimbledon.