You are here: Sixth Form » Curriculum » News Updates » T Level Information Evening
Mr Barton opened the evening with a warm welcome and immense gratitude for the phenomenal turn-out, followed by a brief introduction of the presenters and their roles within T-Levels here at the Ursuline.
Mr Barton went on to speak about the opportunities that would become available on a T-Level course (exciting trips, societies, and industry-lead workshops) as well as the necessary prerequisites required to be eligible to take a T-Level. Mr Barton also spoke about what separates taking a T-Level from the more traditional route of taking three A-Levels, including a fantastic, in-depth industry placement that lasts a minimum of 45 days.
Leading on from this, Ms Hanson took to the stage to present an in-depth overview of the Digital Production, Design and Development T-Level.
This included a complete guide to the 3 core components of the course and thorough explanation of how the students would be practically assessed. The first two components are classroom-focused whilst the third component consisting of an industry placement. This results in 80% of the course being spent in the classroom learning the skills that employers require, with the remaining 20% being used to gain valuable industry experience and put the skills they have learned into action. Ms Hanson followed this up with a presentation of the exciting extra-curricular opportunities available on the course, including robot-building and learning to code, before passing over to our guest speaker, Gina Wiley.
Gina Wiley is a Tech Employer and has been working as an Engineering Manager at Deliveroo for the past year.
Gina oversees a team of engineers to ensure that Deliveroo’s riders and partner restaurants work smoothly and effectively so that the customers can receive their food on time and piping hot. Gina applied the available T-Level courses to her work as an Engineering Manager and explained how the wide range of skills and experience you will gain on a T-level course make you very desirable to employers and give you the perfect advantage over your competition to kickstart your career.
Up next was Mr Breese, who’s turn it was to present the T-Level Laboratory Science course and why it would play a pivotal role in the advancements of Science and Medicine.
He opened with an explanation of how, in just the past year alone, the work of laboratory scientists has been essential in the fight against COVID-19 through the ‘development of new ventilators, testing kits and revolutionary new treatments.’. Following on from this, Mr Breese explained what the Ursuline are offering in their new Laboratory Science T-Level via an in-depth course guide, content overview, and description extra-curricular opportunities available to Laboratory Science students.