Ursuline High School, Wimbledon is committed to delivering an excellent CPD programme which aims to achieve and extend professional development for its entire staff.
Our training schedule includes
- Training Days and Twilight sessions: dedicated training sessions to develop skills and enhance understanding of current and new concepts in Education.
- Regular sessions delivered by teaching staff with a range of topics available for choice.
- All staff training is based on the best models of adult learning and supported by evidence based research.
- Faculty CPD: teaching and learning sessions delivered during Faculty meetings to improve and enhance knowledge of the curriculum and assessment.
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to develop and support staff including NQTs, PGCEs and School Direct.
- External courses to gain knowledge of new examination specifications at both GCE and GCSE level.
- Academic qualifications such as NPQH, NPQSL and NPQML programmes.
- Aspiring teacher programmes.
- Outstanding teacher programmes.
- Talent Development Team for teachers to identify star performers, strong performers and rising stars.
- Support staff CPD
- Teachers are engaged in subject specific professional development and National Qualifications in Leadership at Middle and Senior level.
- Individual programmes for teachers at all stages of their career; NQT's, M2-M4, M5-M6, UPS and leadership.
Professional Development Partnerships
We work closely with a number of partners to facilite the delivery of our CPD provision including;
- Wimbledon College
- Teach Wimbledon
- Avila Partnership (with St Philomena's school in Carshalton)
- Sacred Heart Primary School
- Catholic Education Commission
- Merton Catholic Schools