GDPR Photographic Consent
At Ursuline High School we take consent and safety very seriously and this includes the use of images of students. Our latest policy means we ask you to complete a Photograph Consent Form when your child joins the school giving or declining permission for the taking and use of group photographs of student trips, activities and events featuring your child. Should you wish to withdraw your consent at any point you must complete a new Photograph Consent Form (found below) and hand in to the school office for the attention of the Marketing & Communications Officer.
For any further information on photographic consent please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of School Photography Use
To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), we need your permission before we can photograph or make any recordings of your daughter.
This form is valid indefinitely from the date you sign it. It is your responsibility to let us know if you want to change or withdraw your agreement at any time. You will have the option to download a new form at any stage on our school website.
- We will not re-use any photographs or recordings a year after your daughter leaves this school. Historic photographs will remain on our school website and social media feeds and may remain on display boards.
- We, the school, will not use the personal details or full names (which means first name and surname) of your daughter in a photographic image, on video, on our website, in our school prospectus or in any of our printed publications.
- We will not include personal e-mail or postal addresses, or telephone or fax numbers on video, on our website, in our school prospectus or in other printed publications.
- If we use photographs of individual students, we will not use the full name of that student in the accompanying text or photo caption, unless we have your agreement.
- If we name a student in the text, we will not use a photograph of that student to accompany the article.
- We may include pictures of students and teachers that have been drawn by the students.
- We may include, if selected work from students.
- We may use group or class photographs or footage with very general labels, such as “a Science lesson” or “making Christmas cakes”.
- We will only use images of students who are suitably dressed, to reduce the risk of such images being used inappropriately
- Websites can be viewed throughout the world and not just in the United Kingdom where UK law applies.
- Parents / Carers consent will be recorded on the school’s Management Information System and will be retained no longer than is necessary for the purpose the data was obtained for. The paper copy will be retained on school file up to a year after your daughter leaves this school.
- As your daughter’s parents/carers, you agree that if you take photographs or video recordings of your child/Ren which include other students, you will use these for personal and family use only and you will not post on any personal social media accounts. You understand that where consent has not been obtained from the other parents for any other use, you would be in breach of the Data Protection Act 2018 if you used the recordings for any wider purpose.
N.B: Individual student portrait photographs are taken for the organisation and security of Ursuline High School (internal use only).We have a duty of care towards students and to reducing the risk of inappropriate contact. The school has CCTV cameras in operation for the security of students, staff and equipment. The images may be used for investigative purposes and may, on occasion, be given to the police force.
PHOTOGRAPHIC CONSENT FORM