A huge congratulations to Ellen in Year 13 who has been offered a place at Oxford University to study Biomedical Science, after taking part in our Sixth Form Oxbridge Programme.
Its was very competitive and Ellen beat fantastic odds!
Oxford University received 558 applications for the Biomedical Science course.
121 applicants (23%) were invited to interview
They made 42 offers for 2021 entry!
What did it take?
Applications were considered against the following criteria:
- A competitive overall BMAT score and ranking.
- Motivation and capacity for sustained and intense work. A strong track record of academic achievement, and particular ability and potential in science and/or mathematics. An excellent record at GCSE (or equivalent).
- Evidence that the academic terms of a conditional offer are likely to be met.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm and readiness to cope with the academic demands of the course.
- Reasoning and problem solving ability: use of a logical and critical approach, and strong powers of analysis.
- Communication: Good command of the English language. Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively. Ability to listen.
- Ability to generate own ideas and proposals. Originality and creativity of thought, lateral thinking and hypothesisgeneration.
- A demonstrable commitment to the study of biomedical sciences and/or neuroscience at university.
(You can find out more information on how Oxford University Biomedical Science made their decision this year here.)
"I have thoroughly enjoyed the Oxbridge programme, especially in helping me to decide which course I wanted to study and how to find out more about the course through online lectures and wider reading. The interview process was unlike anything I have ever done before. I am really excited about offer for Biomedical Science."
Ellen, Year 13
More about our Oxbridge Programme
The Sixth-Form Oxbridge Programme runs from January of Year 12 to December of Year 13 (when students are invited to interview). The aim of the Programme is to allow students to explore the possibility of going to Oxbridge and to support those who choose to do so in their applications. This year, the Programme was well-established by the first lockdown and then ran online during lockdown and the Summer Term.
Interested in Joining Ursuline Sixth Form?
Find out about the variety of courses on offer here!
Check out our BRAND NEW T LEVEL HUB here!