You are here: Admissions » Year 7 Admissions 2023 Entry
Please follow the steps below to apply for a place at Ursuline High School Starting Year 7 September 2023 by 31st October 2022.
1. Read the determined Admissions Policy 2023 in accordance with the School Admissions Code (at the bottom of the page).
2. Register on Applicaa: https://ursulinehigh.applicaa.com/15. After registering, you will receive a Welcome email from Applicaa. (Contact our Admissions Officer on 020 3908 3167 or email@example.com if you have not received your welcome email within 24 hours or have any questions). Click on the validation link in the Welcome email. Once you click on the link, you can start the application.
3. Complete your application on Applicaa (the online version of the old ‘supplementary form’), upload any documents required and submit by 31st October 2022. Please note that you will not be able to submit your application until you have completed all sections and upload your supporting documents.
i. The Religious Practice Form for Category 2 applicants can be downloaded in step 2 of the application. (The Religious Practice Form will be available on Applicaa).
ii. The Baptism Certificate and completed Religious Practice Form can be uploaded in Applicaa (the Religious Practice Form must be completed and stamped by a Priest before uploading).
iii. Reference letters on headed paper for Category 4 applicants can be uploaded on Applicaa.
4. Name Ursuline High School as one of your choices on: eAdmissions by 31st October 2022.
|31st October 2022||Closing date for submitting the Common Application form to your local authority and Supplementary Information Form to Ursuline High School.|
|2nd December 2022||Deadline for submitting ‘late for good reason’ applications. e.g due to change of address.|
|1st March 2023||National Offer Day. All online applications will be notified by their local authority in the evening. Ursuline High school will notify applicants the following day.|
|15th March 2023||Deadline for the return of acceptances. You must let Ursuline High School know whether you accept or decline the place offered.|
|End of March 2023||
2nd Round offers. Any vacancies will be offered to girls on the waiting list according to the admissions policy.
If a place cannot be offered because the school’s accommodation and resources are fully committed, parents will be offered the opportunity of placing their child’s name on the waiting list. Placing a child's name on the waiting list does not guarantee that a place will become available.
Parents / carers whose applications for places are unsuccessful may appeal to an Independent Appeal panel set up in accordance with the School Standards and Framework Act 1998. You should carefully consider the reasons given for not offering a place and look at our Admissions Policy. Appeals must be made in writing and must set out the reasons on which an appeal is made. If an applicant decides to appeal, they will be contacted by the Clerk to the Admissions Panel with the confirmation of exact date and time of their appeal hearing.
You should note an appeal can only be upheld in the following limited circumstances:
· The appeals panel finds that the admission arrangements did not comply with admissions law or had not been correctly and impartially applied, and the child would have been offered a place if the arrangements had complied or had been correctly and impartially applied; or
· It finds that the admission of additional children would not prejudice the provision of efficient education or efficient use of resources.
· It considers that the appellant’s case outweighs the prejudice to the school.
|25th March 2023||Deadline for Parents/Carers to inform the school of their intention to appeal by requesting an appeal form.|
|19th April 2023||Deadline for parents to submit their appeal form|
|29th April 2023||Deadline for any other additional paperwork to support appeal|
|June 2023||Appeals scheduled to be heard|
If an applicant lodges an appeal, they will be contacted by the Clerk to the Admissions Panel with confirmation of the exact date and time of their appeal hearing.
Our application link for 2023 entry will be live from Wednesday 21st September. Scroll to the top of the page for guidance on our application process on and after this date.