You are here: Admissions » Year 7 Admissions 2023 Entry
1. Read the determined Admissions Policy 2023 in accordance with the School Admissions Code.
2. Complete the Ursuline High School Supplementary Information form to enable the Governing Body to rank applications according to our Policy.
a. Register on Applicaa: This link will be available after our Open Evening on Wednesday 21st September 2022.
b. You will receive a Welcome email from Applicaa. (Contact 020 3908 3167 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received your welcome email within 24 hours or have any questions.
c. Click on the validation link. Once you click on the link, you can start the application.
i. The Religious form for Category 2 applicants can be downloaded in step 2 of the application.
ii. The baptism certificate and Religious form can be uploaded in Applicaa once it has been completed and stamped by a priest.
iii. Reference letters on headed paper for Category 4 applicants can be uploaded on Applicaa
d. Submit the Supplementary Information form on Applicaa and upload any documents required by 31st October 2022.
3. Name Ursuline High School as one of your choices on eAdmissions www.admissions.org.uk by 31st October 2022.
|31st October 2022||Closing date for submitting the Common Application form to your local authority and Supplementary Information Form to Ursuline High School.|
|2nd December 2022||Deadline for submitting ‘late for good reason’ applications. e.g due to change of address.|
|1st March 2023||National Offer Day. All online applications will be notified by their local authority in the evening. Ursuline High school will notify applicants the following day.|
|15th March 2023||Deadline for the return of acceptances. You must let Ursuline High School know whether you accept or decline the place offered.|
|End of March 2023||
2nd Round offers. Any vacancies will be offered to girls on the waiting list according to the admissions policy.
If a place cannot be offered because the school’s accommodation and resources are fully committed, parents will be offered the opportunity of placing their child’s name on the waiting list. Placing a child's name on the waiting list does not guarantee that a place will become available.
Parents / carers whose applications for places are unsuccessful may appeal to an Independent Appeal panel set up in accordance with the School Standards and Framework Act 1998. You should carefully consider the reasons given for not offering a place and look at our Admissions Policy. Appeals must be made in writing and must set out the reasons on which an appeal is made. If an applicant decides to appeal, they will be contacted by the Clerk to the Admissions Panel with the confirmation of exact date and time of their appeal hearing.
You should note an appeal can only be upheld in the following limited circumstances:
· the appeals panel finds that the admission arrangements did not comply with admissions law or had not been correctly and impartially applied, and the child would have been offered a place if the arrangements had complied or had been correctly and impartially applied; or
· it finds that the admission of additional children would not prejudice the provision of efficient education or efficient use of resources.
· it considers that the appellant’s case outweighs the prejudice to the school.
|25th March 2023||Deadline for Parents/Carers to inform the school of their intention to appeal by requesting an appeal form.|
|19th April 2023||Deadline for parents to submit their appeal form|
|29th April 2023||Deadline for any other additional paperwork to support appeal|
|June 2023||Appeals scheduled to be heard|
If an applicant lodges an appeal, they will be contacted by the Clerk to the Admissions Panel with confirmation of the exact date and time of their appeal hearing.
We are excited to offer our open events for 2022. For more information please visit our Open Events page.
Our application link for 2023 entry will be live from Wednesday 21st September. Scroll to the top of the page for guidance on our application process on and after this date.